Based on the Executive Council resolution No. (39) of 2019 regarding advertising and the promotion of government and semi-government events, services or products on social media in the Emirate of Sharjah.
Prior approval must be obtained from Sharjah Government Media Bureau for covering any activities, services or products in the Emirate of Sharjah from all governmental and semi-governmental sectors whether dependent or independent. As well as companies that the government contributes to or entirely owns, and private companies contracting with the government within the scope of the contract, and everyone engaged in commercial advertising activities whether paid or free of charge through social media; provided that the following are available:
- Valid license from Sharjah Media City (Shams) or the National Media Council be obtained before applying.
- Provide good conduct/clearance certificate with no prior crimes against honor and honesty.
- No previous suspension or cancellation of license or the closure of an institution affiliated with the individual or has been banned from media activities in the past.
Secondly: Companies and Institution:
- Company establishment within the country’s legislation, with no previous fines from the legal supervoisory authorities in the country.
- The Media activities should be within the approved activities, and it is necessary to comply with the instructions and rules of practicing Media activities.
- The company or institution should have no financial receivables from Sharjah Media City (Shams) or the National Media Council when submitting the application.
Terms and Conditions:
- The application takes 48 hours for an approval once submitted to the Sharjah Government Media Bureau website, however in the case of no response the application is considered rejected.
- The media committee of the Sharjah Government Media Bureau has the right to approve or reject an application as it sees appropriate and the decision is final and non-negotiable.
- Applicants with rejected applications shall not have the right to officially cover any event in the Emirate of Sharjah whether directly or indirectly
- Advertisements posted on social media sites also fall under the application of the standards and conditions of Advertisements.
- The account owner is responsible for the content of the account.