His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Mohamed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, issued the Emiri Decree No. (8) of 2017, reorganising Sharjah Media Centre as Sharjah Government Media Bureau, an independent government entity aimed at promoting the Emirate’s media position and developing a media policy that aligns with the rapid developments in the communication and media sector, while forming a reliable new reference for the Government of Sharjah and various government departments in the Emirate.
- To be the first voice of the Emirate of Sharjah by providing pioneering formulas to deliver its message nationally and globally.
- To build an innovative media platform that uses the language and mechanisms of the future, works to enhance and consolidate government communication.
- To serve as a reference for all Sharjah government news and evolve a unique media narrative that aligns with the Emirate’s cultural and civilizational project and enriches the global media discourse by building long-term partnerships with media institutions at the local and international levels.
- Credibility | Excellence and Creativity | Accuracy and Transparency | Initiative | Effective Partnerships | Flexibility Adaptability.
- Formulating the media strategy of the Emirate of Sharjah in light of the values of the emirate and the changes taking place in the means of communication and technologies of the future.
- Supporting the level of knowledge of institutions and professionals in communication and media sector and students.
- Providing media support to government institutions and businesses by providing creative and innovative content.
- Contribute to societal satisfaction by building an open communication system with community members.
- Developing an effective, efficient and flexible institutional work system.